BOTM

* Sponsors

Author Topic: hvccycle high flow baffles  (Read 203 times)

Offline Giddie

hvccycle high flow baffles
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
just wondering if anyone is running the high flow hvccycle baffles. if so did you have to rejet for them. current setup is completely stock rd350 with the 140main low top carbs

Offline m in sc

• Global Moderator
  • TASTE THE POSTING RAINBOW
  • Questing for the Forbidden Donut
Re: hvccycle high flow baffles
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 06:50:15 AM »
having have played with some baffles in stock pipes.. if anything, -maybe- up 1 main jet but probably not even that nec. however, if you go thru the recommendation with the y boot a and filter he recommends, jetting is def required.   thats pretty steep for baffles. you looking for more 'oomph' or just missing your stock baffles?
get off my lawn.

Rock Hill, SC

""

Offline Giddie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 07:33:11 AM »
Oh sweet thank you. Hoping for a bit more power. But also want it for the wank factor of more noise haha. I was thinkinh about attempting to knock some up myself.
Also have baffles in it currently but they are mismatched i have 360 pipes but only one baffle is legit. The other is a cut down one to the same length

Offline m in sc

• Global Moderator
  • TASTE THE POSTING RAINBOW
  • Questing for the Forbidden Donut
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:00:35 AM »
I had an rd with a set of stock pipes about 10 yrs ago that had older high flow baffles aftermarket, they bolted right in. were perforated tube about 26? or so mm id with flanges on each end so they bolted right in. ive never seen any before or after like them. they worked well but were quite growly.   if you have the skill set something like this may be the way to go?   straight thru from the 1st baffle plate to the last stock mounting point with a collar on each end to keep it centered. mine were wrapped thinly with fiberglass.
get off my lawn.

Rock Hill, SC

""

Offline Giddie

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »
Ok sweet as. Is being 26mm id and that length (baffle plate to stock mount) esentially act like a stinger?

Offline dvsrd

• 2-Stroke Tuner
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:27 AM »
I have some "free flowing" RD baffles purchased from a vendor in the UK ("Norbo" or "RDLCCrazy"). These look pretty much the same as the HVCC ones, I believe. The aft, perforated, small diameter section looks pretty much like the stock ones. But then the large diameter part is just an open, partly perforated tube, that allows the exhaust gases to flow straight through. They do sound quite a bit harsher than a stock RD, maybe more like a H1 with stock pipes. With regards to jetting, I am not able to help, as I am also running a large K&N and Y-tube, and Dave F. mods. I believe my main jet is around 200, with the primary needle jet and different needle.

Offline yellowandfast

• Keeping 2 strokes on the road since 2004
  • Addict
  • Pipe builder wanna be
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 07:44:57 PM »
Pull your factory baffles out, cut 3/4 of it off. Insert it with no packing. Save yourself  $200 towards some pipes or other go fast parts.

$200 for baffles, I'm in the wrong trade, jesus
Oil is your friend......

Manitowoc, WI