BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Turning Wrenches / Re: Adding oil Question
« Last post by jrotten99 on Today at 05:55:15 AM »
So he never owned an rd before and has questions Drew. Kdsmf answered the question on where to add oil and what the other plug removed was. Most things are learned the hard way and asking questions that are painfully obvious to people who know old bikes well. Itís his bike and he is trying to learn about it.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Adding oil Question
« Last post by desmodrew on Today at 04:13:14 AM »
   Not to be a (total) dick  ;)  But this is the line in the original post everyone needs to read (but some seem to ignore), and stop offering suggestions on what oil to use.

I thought you added oil in the gear case and it also fed the engine.  But I read where one wt. of oil was suggested for the engine and another for the crank case.

So before 'GS963' touches his RD again, he needs to learn how his new 2-stroke motorcycle works, and even maybe find a forum member close by to go spend an afternoon helping him. 
   SoCal250 does a nice job of explaining things  :hfive: , but when I read the original post, I don't think even good info may not be enough to yield a good result in this case.
General Chatter / petcock for rd350 gas tank
« Last post by naveenreddy1899 on Today at 03:21:46 AM »
hy folks need suggestions , a friend of mine has gas tank that he picked up from US with out petcock and it had some rust, we have fixed it , got antitrust treatment done, looking for a petcock that is not quite expensive yet does the job right, looking at reproduction stuff and they are quite costly ..
Show off / Re: my new 1973 RD350
« Last post by naveenreddy1899 on Today at 03:16:38 AM »
looks pretty good, bring her back to original glory   :banjo:
Turning Wrenches / Re: Put your Blaster success stories here
« Last post by jrotten99 on Today at 01:45:18 AM »
I let 50,000 members know I can kick a 200cc bike over without a compression release.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Is this engine dead? Rd400
« Last post by Rd400greenhorn on Yesterday at 10:42:05 PM »
Allright..
So there is mixed emotions about using this engine...
Try with a bearing in the cases and locking Them together - see if it sits..

I have another engine cases - but as Said earlier, they are beat up outside
But clean inside..
Pictures wil follow
Haus of Projects / Re: 72 T-500
« Last post by kawtriplefreak on Yesterday at 10:37:25 PM »
Sweet...
Turning Wrenches / Re: rd350 right side misfire
« Last post by SUPERTUNE1 on Yesterday at 10:20:41 PM »
Always use new brass jets in the carbs with new OEM mikuni only in 40 year old carbs, original jets cannot be trusted to reuse.
Get new main jet washers as well, they get warped and leak past the main jet.

Chuck
Turning Wrenches / Re: rd350 right side misfire
« Last post by SUPERTUNE1 on Yesterday at 10:15:07 PM »
3 pages of discussion and no one has suggested to do a pressure check of the crankcase...
Also the 75' RD350 used a keyway o-ring seal on the inside of the primary gear, is it missing or get replaced during the rebuild?
It doesn't take very long to foul plugs if sucking oil out of the gearcase.
Chuck
Turning Wrenches / Re: rd400f Daytona carburetor needle adjustment
« Last post by SUPERTUNE1 on Yesterday at 10:06:00 PM »
It's been over 6 years since I messed with the stock 2V0 carbs, pain in the butt.
My advice, buy a new set of Mikuni VM 30's, a bit pricey to do, but worth it in the end! Simple to work on, easy to tune and new carbs instead of messing with emission crap 40 year old carbs...
Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10