BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
eBay/Craigslist watch / Nice RD400 seat
« Last post by Zedixe13 on Today at 07:29:18 PM »
Nice 76-77 seat for sale on eBay with a not so great identification . Not mine .

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Y4023-SEAT-for-YAMAHA-350-or-400-1974-75/352222721637?hash=item52021c3665:g:0fgAAOSwdU1W9Y4-

Turning Wrenches / Re: Oil Pump ID
« Last post by kdsmf on Today at 07:19:35 PM »
Anyone know if the 350 and 400 flow the same amount?
Turning Wrenches / Re: This seat, custom or store bought?
« Last post by enginear on Today at 07:05:06 PM »
Be cautious about "sewn" seats.  Most vintage factory pattern "stitches" in the seating area of the seat are actually fake.
They are heat "printed" so as not to pass moisture to the foam thru the stitch holes.
The perimeter piping is often stitched, but the seating area is embossed with a pattern that looks like stitching.
Sewn motorcycle seats may pick up water and when you sit on them your pants will get wet from water passing back thru the seam.
There may be an effective way to seal stitches, but I don't know how long it will last.
Real stitching looks better, so if your bike never gets wet with rain or dew then it won't be a concern.
Strong sun will, over time, weaken most thread (except Tenara).
eBay/Craigslist watch / Re: RZ Solo Tail
« Last post by Zedixe13 on Today at 06:13:39 PM »
machivmotors what a nice guy , his game is to rack up the prices with multiple bids from fake buyers and screw the winner on shipping like $75. for mailing a 250 gr plastic side cover .
« Last post by norton on Today at 05:18:42 PM »
I'm trying to guess if it's as long as an original seat, or slightly shorter, opinions appreciated.
I may pay a local guy to try and replicate it. It looks so much more "padded" than many of the available aftermarket seats.
If so, should the original pan be used?
Haus of Projects / Re: One More Time - RD250 LandSpeed Bike
« Last post by EErlenbach on Today at 04:29:19 PM »
Yeah it's a personal choice, there's the letter of the law (the rulebook) and the spirit of the law (what the thought was behind the rules when they were written), "could" I do it yeah probably but to me the spirit of Unfaired Modified production is with no aerodynamic aid in front of the rider. And honestly I'm just really pleased with very much of the bike the way she sits right now. She really handles sweetly. Now the seat will be getting modified because I still think there's some mph to be had there (and it's definitely within the rules..).
« Last post by jrotten99 on Today at 04:14:39 PM »
Itís got the Taiwan look to it. Yamaha added to back as well, Wonít get that at local upholstery shop.
eBay/Craigslist watch / Re: RZ Solo Tail
« Last post by kdsmf on Today at 03:04:39 PM »
Bought quite a few things from him now, have not been disappointed once always as described and quickly shipped.
Micro Muscle: Under 100cc's / Re: 1970 HS1
« Last post by SoCal250 on Today at 02:33:45 PM »
That's cool. Looks like it will clean up pretty well
Turning Wrenches / This seat, custom or store bought?
« Last post by norton on Today at 02:31:22 PM »
From this link, I saw this seat for a 71.
I wrote the member but no response yet.
Thanks.

http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=21851.msg164656#msg164656
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10