BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Were the cases split? Just making sure the shaft is in the cases correctly.
 If not, your on the right thinking to wind it around counterclockwise to fit in the hole.

Chuck- yes, cases were split and I called myself positioning the kick start shaft as service manual indicated. When shaft is clocked all the way clockwise, I can hear the ratchet move into rest position. YRs will only kick start when in neutral too.
General Chatter / Re: Cylinder Angle To Crank And Transmission Shafts
« Last post by m in sc on Today at 11:17:25 AM »
making some pipes?
All the springs I have done always pre wind but that doesn't mean anything.  Just try it carefully and see what happens.
Were the cases split? Just making sure the shaft is in the cases correctly.
 If not, your on the right thinking to wind it around counterclockwise to fit in the hole.
Couple of pics....
This is an external kicker return spring. That red piece is part of a spray nozzle used to show the hole on shaft for the spring tang. Kick shaft is turned all the way returned in clockwise position in the at rest position. I'm guessing the return spring will need to wind counterclockwise one full revolution with vice grips before being positioned on the shaft. Is that right?
Haus of Projects / Re: New Arm for Paul Jacob
« Last post by mkane63t on Today at 09:00:32 AM »
 Excellent idea!
eBay/Craigslist watch / Re: FPP chambers on Flea Bay
« Last post by jengel451 on Today at 07:26:37 AM »
You do know he also sells as Mistermonkeyclaw.

And it looks like Wisconsoncyclesalvage as well.
Turning Wrenches / Re: German DS7 piston kit
« Last post by Mgmark on Today at 07:24:17 AM »
Dammit!  It figures that right after I give up on the DS7 top end and sold it all for cheap, that pistons are now available. Dammit!
eBay/Craigslist watch / Re: $$$
« Last post by Triple Jim on Today at 07:22:45 AM »
Sorry Gold Wing fans, they just ain't for me

The early 4-cylinder ones are really a different motorcycle from the new ones.  I wouldn't kick one of those out of the garage, although I'm not looking for one.  :)
General Chatter / Re: Lectrons
« Last post by mkane63t on Today at 07:17:32 AM »
^^^^^great reading, thanks. Tempted
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10