BOTM

* Sponsors

Author Topic: 1971 Honda CB750K1 first SOHC for me!  (Read 109 times)

Offline charlie h.

• Underwater Basket Weaver
  • RD350, VTR250 race bikes, RE500 Bullet therapy
1971 Honda CB750K1 first SOHC for me!
« on: November 19, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
Well, I did it. I have always flirted with the idea of perhaps buying an older Honda CB750, but none were put into my path... until a year ago. This bike sat outside of a car repair shop ran by a friend of mine, and he was selling this bike for another fellow. So, I watched it sit outside... alone, and unridden for almost a year, and I went ahead and purchased it a few weeks ago. It has a CB750A front end and rear wheel, and other than that, it is pretty cool. Since it was only $600, I couldn't NOT buy it hehe...it runs Excellent! And the sound out of the 4-2 Lake pipes is really awesome. I have purchased a few things for it, but by next spring, I hope to have it outfitted the way I want it, and then ride the wheels off of it, and then... maybe sell it. We'll see! 1st pic is when I got it, 2nd is with the new seat...
Charlie
All Things work together for good, for those who love God and are the Called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Offline e30 gangsta

• No cake for me
Re: 1971 Honda CB750K1 first SOHC for me!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »
thats a great price for a single cam! congrats!

Offline m in sc

• Global Moderator
  • TASTE THE POSTING RAINBOW
  • Questing for the Forbidden Donut
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:54:58 AM »
ive had a bunch of sohc 750's (prior to 2 strokes and one or 2 afterwards)  good purchase. i personally loathe comstars but i could put up with them for 6 bills.

get off my lawn.

Rock Hill, SC

""

Offline charlie h.

• Underwater Basket Weaver
  • RD350, VTR250 race bikes, RE500 Bullet therapy
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »
Thanks e30 gangsta, and Mark!
   It was a great price, but it has a couple issues with the ignition switch replaced and moved to the rear top of the crankcase, it is not wired correctly, and my friend has wired in a toggle switch under the seat to cut off the battery... otherwise it drains the battery in a couple days. I am going to wire in a regular switch, using the fork out area instead of the 1971 under tank mounting.
Mark, I am not a ComStar fan either, but they ARE low maintenance, and the rear looks better than the front. It's a 17" rear wheel too, which gives a little more tire choices. It has old Dunlop D404's on it right now, and it tracks very well over rain grooved pavement on the bridge over the Maumee river on I280... gonna get rid of the Dunlops by next spring! The rear is hard as a rock, and slides Very Easy.
   These bikes run forever, with regular oil changes and maintenance. Looking forward to this summer!
Charlie
All Things work together for good, for those who love God and are the Called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28