BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha r3
« Last post by m in sc on Today at 12:31:19 PM »
this is a good plan.... but to be honest.... you cant always avoid it. i set up my bikes (nd 40+ and 50 year old plus cars) to run on shit gas just for this reason.  what helps more than anything is a capful of 2 stroke oil in the fuel if on the pump (keeps the algea from growing, im serious)... and run it every once in a while.  as much as i hate ethanol, ive never had an ethanol related fuel issue on any of my bikes since ive been adjusting for it.  :twocents:
Turning Wrenches / Re: FUKUI expansion chambers for RD250/ 350/ 400
« Last post by m in sc on Today at 12:25:34 PM »
they actually look to be a bit better made. steep though. i dont need a cetnerstand  so it doesnt bother me.
« Last post by jkv357 on Today at 12:11:56 PM »
That's good to know! I haven't had the caps come loose yet fortunately.

Do you get ethanol free gas where you are at? I'm over in Seattle and there are a couple places that got it, mostly Spirit gas stations. Expensive though!

I don't know if it helps or not but I know my old bikes seem to be happier with it.
Using ethanol-free gas is a really good idea for older engines.

Ethanol is corrosive and holds water, and some older engine seals and gaskets can be affected by it - plus it will make you run lean unless you have adjusted for it.

Overall best to avoid using it if possible.
« Last post by dvsrd on Today at 12:05:08 PM »
900 usd? damn. nice pipe s though. ive seen those before , mentioned on a uk site. i remember the odd cast endcap
I am sure the JL "race type" will give more power, but these seem to be of a similar manufacturing quality, nice welds and everything. And to me, they look just "right" on an otherwise stock looking RD :)
« Last post by m in sc on Today at 11:58:35 AM »
900 usd? damn. nice pipe s though. ive seen those before , mentioned on a uk site. i remember the odd cast endcap
There is an upper bleed hole that often gets missed when rebuilding these cylinders.
Make sure it is clear.
Turning Wrenches / FUKUI expansion chambers for RD250/ 350/ 400
« Last post by dvsrd on Today at 11:48:48 AM »
I was just browsing through the UK ACRD forum, when FUKUI exhausts were mentioned in a thread. Here is the link for them:  https://www.samurider.com/?p=25110

I really like the look of the "low" version, and if I had known about these pipes, I would NEVER have considered Higgspeed..........

At least to me, the design look a bit like the "Denco Replica" pipes available for the Kawasaki triples, maybe except for the tapered headpipes on these FUKUI pipes.
Now what to do with the brand new SS Higgspeeds that are nowhere as nice as these???

« Last post by m in sc on Today at 09:43:09 AM »
just jet up, 5-8%:)
« Last post by boredinballard on Today at 09:10:34 AM »
That's good to know! I haven't had the caps come loose yet fortunately.

Do you get ethanol free gas where you are at? I'm over in Seattle and there are a couple places that got it, mostly Spirit gas stations. Expensive though!

I don't know if it helps or not but I know my old bikes seem to be happier with it.
Show off / Re: Picked up a great old RD350 custom
« Last post by onlycrimson on Today at 09:10:20 AM »
The fact that he did multiples and they all have a similar style to them is pretty amazing.  I'd say this was a great score!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10