BOTM

* Sponsors

Author Topic: Swarbrick racing pipes rd400  (Read 296 times)

Offline Rd400greenhorn

• No cake for me
Swarbrick racing pipes rd400
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:18:44 PM »
Hi guys

Anyone have a set of pipes by swarbrick racing on their rd400??

If so - PICTURES PLEASE :)

There is nothing substancial on their HP.

Offline SUPERTUNE1

• Addict
  • I am a 2 stroke tuner for 30yr! not a post counter
Re: Swarbrick racing pipes rd400
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 05:46:06 AM »
A lot of roadracers use them. Dave makes them one at a time, so not just your same pipe for all. Custom fitted to your portmap and chassis. GPL racing does this pipe building work too, Would love to always have a set from all of these great pipe builders!
Drew has a set on his RD250 F250 racebike...

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Racegas + Lots of oil = HORSEPOWER
2 time Daytona AHRMA Formula-500 winner '06
'78 RD400E
TEAM SCREAM RACING
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.
New email: cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Offline bitzz

• I'm a regular here
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:18:47 AM »
I have a set of RD400 Swarbrick pipes. They came as "cone kit", I had to assemble/weld them.
Biggest down tube I have found, 41mm IIRC, big belly, long high rpm pipe, with the nicest silencers on the market.
One of the best pipes out there... absolutely useless for the street with out a ton of modifications... like smaller diameter down tubes... smaller belly... shorter body... you know, all the good stuff.

They're are not installed right now, they're hanging on a wall. Will a picture of that help?

Offline Rd400greenhorn

• No cake for me
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »
Sounds great.
Just looking for the different options - will proberly end up with a set of JM SS with Carbon silencers.
But Swarbrick is in UK so would also be Easy  to get ( postage)
Iam  looking for a set of pipes that sits right on the Bike ( therefore pictures could be awsomek)

Offline Yamaha179

• Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »
I am almost certain I have a picture of my Swarbrick's someplace in my files.  I'll look for one in the next day or so and if I find one I'll let you know.  I will tell you that I have always been very happy with mine and recommended them to my customers and anyone else asking for pipes.  You can get them assembled to the rear cone so most of your work is done and you also have to weld on the hangers etc.  Dave said that trying to complete the pipes with all the different configurations (swing arms, rear set locations, etc) doesn't make sense so he leaves that to each individual. 
Lyn Garland

Offline Yamaha179

• Addict
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:17:27 AM »
I could find only one picture of my 400 with Swarbricks and it was leaned over in a corner and you can't see anything of value of the pipes.  I will tell you that you have to remove the centerstand tabs and side stand lug and find another way to mount a side stand.  We used an aluminum plate attached to the engine mount bolts and a long steel rod with a foot on it.  Not good for a street bike but works fine in the pits.
Lyn Garland