BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Turning Wrenches / Re: Wire Sizes and Suppliers
« Last post by benztech on Today at 07:03:43 AM »
as a boat owner good wiring is a very imporant. genuinedealz.com has the best wiring at the best price.  i use these guys for everything wiring
General Chatter / Re: Bruce Brown - RIP
« Last post by thatguy on Today at 05:28:16 AM »
Endless Summer was a great flick too. Not a surfer but the cinematography was epic in the truest sense of the word. Thanks for the entertainment Bruce.
Haus of Projects / Re: Yamaha r3
« Last post by NCsmokejoke on Today at 05:02:02 AM »
At2.1 you better run race gas , I holed a piston with today's crap fuel, also had the carb cap come loose and that's BAD!!!! No rubber boot between the carb and engine, vibration can migrate to the carbs so make sure those caps are tight!!
« Last post by sr100 on Today at 04:52:52 AM »
I'm currently rewiring a dynamo/generator for a Bridgestone 350 project.  As I found my way through the terminology for automotive wiring I ran across a site:  4RCustomsWire.com

I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere else re: black wire with a white stripe.  They seem to be oriented toward bikes and sell all sorts of colors in shorter lengths.  The wire is for motor vehicle applications and has the appropriate shielding.

I'd spend some time learning the difference between sxl, gxl, txl, etc types of wire to figure out what your specific application needs. 

Good Luck. 
« Last post by dvsrd on Today at 04:43:14 AM »
I believe that one of the best wire qualities for a motorcycle, is the tinned marine wires from HELLA. Check your local boating equipment suppliers. Regular automotive copper wire can sometimes oxidize (become black) and cause poor connections. I have seen this in the OEM harness of my 1995 Ducati.

For connectors, check out Vehicle Wiring Products in the UK, or Economy Cycle.
Show off / Re: Photoshoot
« Last post by desmodrew on Today at 04:29:56 AM »
That is a nice job.  I know you imported a bunch of stuff for the build.  How much of the bike would you say is Rajdoot and how much is US?  Just curious.
« Last post by desmodrew on Today at 04:21:04 AM »
PM sent   :thumbsup:
Turning Wrenches / Wire Sizes and Suppliers
« Last post by CR750 on Today at 02:24:33 AM »
I'll just say "Thanks, team!" right up front.

My project '73 RD has been at a standstill for too long. I need to do a total rewire of the bike from front to back. I don't want a stock harness replacement. I want to redo it all from nose to tail, and have a few questions regarding wire...

I made a start on my wiring and got to a point where I was about to finish off the front and read brake switches. My wiring loom was too fat and stiff. I cracked it big time and ripped everything except for the PowerDynamo parts out.

I've looked at the M-Unit Basic, and some other crappy HD unit. The M-Unit looks cool, but a little on the spendy side, so its back to "standard-style" wiring. I know the hot end of a soldering iron from the cold.

Who do you use as a supplier of connectors (connector/bullet size??) and appropriately coloured wire and sizes?

... and for any that care, I've entered the 2018 Australian 4-day enduro in the Vintage class on my '84 TS 250X. Now to work on my quads, glut's, abductors, and Palmaris Longus. Looks a bit like I've booked an appointment with death. 8-)
http://www.a4de.com.au/index.php/nominations/a4de-vintage-nomination
General Chatter / Re: Bruce Brown - RIP
« Last post by dvsrd on Yesterday at 10:41:56 PM »
On any Sunday is my favorite movie of all. Period. RIP Bruce.
Turning Wrenches / Re: Czakky's (noob) R5
« Last post by bike buff on Yesterday at 08:41:01 PM »
Hi,

Am rebuilding a DS7. Need an info - There are two washers, as per Partzilla/CMSNL website on the steering damper. Could you please let me have the dimensions [ID/OD/Thickness] so that I can fabricate it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10