BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Turning Wrenches / Re: Killing plugs in 5 min
« Last post by m in sc on Yesterday at 11:58:39 PM »
ok. with all that info.. bet its starving for fuel. keep in mind, the pilots are higher in the fuel bowl than the mains and 'choke'.  check petcock for flow, sediment bowl,  and as mentioned, tank vent. pull line off petcock, put a longer one in a fuel safe bucket, turn fuel on, it should flow consistently for a few minutes with no reduction in flow. watch it, it will be obvious if it snot flowing enough  do this with tank cap shut. if flow sucks, open cap. if it still sucks, petcock or blockage in tank. .02
Events / Barber 2017
« Last post by jspooner on Yesterday at 11:10:08 PM »
Is anyone on here going to Barber this year?
Turning Wrenches / Re: R5 dies at full throttle!
« Last post by Jayr on Yesterday at 10:34:24 PM »
Does the R5 gas tank hold pressure ? after a ride when i park the bike and come out the next morning. I see some fuel has passed the gas cap!
Turning Wrenches / Re: Killing plugs in 5 min
« Last post by enginear on Yesterday at 08:24:30 PM »
Some ideas:
Start with simple stuff first.
-Don't pay much attention to fuel in clear lines.  Try opening cap, (simple test).
-Verify the petcock flows freely.
-Clean points. When points get hot, any oily residue can cause problems.
-Any corrosion on kill switch contacts? (location near master cylinder makes it prone to corrosion).
-Bad plug caps or connection to plug cap.  The coil should measure about 13K oms to ground including the 5000 ohm cap.
-Has it  rained lately?  Bad plug wire or caps get worse in rain or dampness.
-Try turning off headlight (to test for weak charging system).
-Buy new black OEM "style" coils from economy. You then MUST remove the series ballast resistor which only was needed with factory (NLA) coils.  Resistor pack is located near the horn.
Turning Wrenches / Re: RD350 Expansion Chambers Compatible With Centerstand
« Last post by KLaird on Yesterday at 06:24:46 PM »
Has anyone followed up on this with Fast from the Past or ordered a set?
« Last post by onlycrimson on Yesterday at 05:38:32 PM »
With that description it does seem like an ignition problem.
« Last post by Jayr on Yesterday at 05:19:13 PM »
Try some different coils.

Just ordered some today. Order the replacement coils from economy.
« Last post by jspooner on Yesterday at 05:15:45 PM »
Try some different coils.
« Last post by Jayr on Yesterday at 04:54:52 PM »
Can you slowly crack the throttle and it will run ok?

When I felt it happen I tried cracking the throttle and it fills like its running on one cylinder than dies.
Show off / Re: 1975 RD350 vintage racer
« Last post by charlie h. on Yesterday at 04:15:56 PM »
If you wait until you are ready you will never go....

http://www.nelsonledges.com/event/lean-track-day-august-19-20th/

C'mon out, weather looking good, generally free spectator rides at lunchtime with basic gear and your bike but if theres a street bike available, non riders are accomodated as well.  Whatever you want/need someone will try to help, alot of the long timers were present and all are great people.

The new owners have indeed made great progress and seem to be genuinely interested in keeping it a public venue but you never know, they certainly have the resources to make it completely private.

I talked to Sam Wang and Fred Wolfe today, looks like a heck of a nice weekend!! I can't run the bikes, but may show up for the riders meetings and Sunday service...
Wish I had taken a pic of the front, where the driveway is, they made a track layout out of conveyor cable track links... pretty cool!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10