BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Turning Wrenches / Re: Works Shocks
« Last post by kdsmf on Today at 03:09:51 PM »
I'm sure someone will buy the rights and take over.
« Last post by 202wagon on Today at 03:05:31 PM »
Site was up last week, but nobody answered phone. I got confirmation today (by chance) that they closed. Someone should carry the torch and reopen it. PVL is closed now too as of last November.
« Last post by kdsmf on Today at 03:04:32 PM »
WOW, was about to go there last night after reading post here with someone looking for shocks but forgot.
« Last post by SoCal250 on Today at 02:41:45 PM »
Whaaaa?  Dammit.  I didn't know that

The founder/owner died about 2 years ago
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/rip-ama-hall-of-famer-gil-vaillancourt/
« Last post by sav0r on Today at 02:39:35 PM »
The site was up 2 hours ago. Gone now.
Turning Wrenches / Re: 1977 RD400 Swing Arm Stand
« Last post by The Plasticman on Today at 02:21:45 PM »
Any chance you have a up close picture of where the stand interfaces with the pin you mentioned?  I'm just not picturing it in my head well.  Sorry.

Rob
« Last post by m in sc on Today at 02:15:06 PM »
i just tried looking them up online.... no website.  holy crap   :(
Turning Wrenches / Works Shocks
« Last post by The Plasticman on Today at 02:11:27 PM »
I guess I'm behind a little, I read today that the company that makes Works shocks went out of business in August of this year.  The owner died and the place fell apart very quickly.

Has anyone else heard or read this?

Rob
General Chatter / Re: Ask Question Ebay
« Last post by kdsmf on Today at 01:44:52 PM »
What gets me is 90% of the time you get no answer, how do people expect to sell something if won't answer q's.
General Chatter / Re: Hi Temp Paint
« Last post by jkv357 on Today at 12:52:03 PM »
Finally got a call back from the Cerakote guy that is more local to me, unfortunately I had just painted the pipes with Rust-Oleum high temp "ultra"... Anyway, this is kind of sorta the look I wanted with the polished silver ceramic coating and what I ended up with from the black Rust-Oleum paint. Also, like mentioned in several other threads... the internal stinger mod I did (the reason the pipes needed to be re-painted) and re-packing the silencers really cut down on the DG noise levels and made the bike much more street able.
Looks nice!  Appears to be pretty high gloss from the photos.  Haven't heard of the High Temp "Ultra" before.

Let us know how it looks after you get some time on it.

EDIT:  They list it as a semi-gloss - https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/high-heat-ultra/

I might need to give it a try.  The dirt bike pipes are looking a little ratty, and I like the higher gloss level compared to the VHT and PJ1 I've been using.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10