BOTM

* Sponsors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Haus of Projects / Re: 77 RD400 restomod
« Last post by Seizer on Today at 09:56:07 AM »
Coming along nicely. The blue contrasts with the gold perfectly.
« Last post by seadoodr. on Today at 09:33:02 AM »
Sat the tank and seat on it just to get a idea what it will look like.
« Last post by seadoodr. on Today at 09:29:55 AM »
A little more progress made, forks installed as well as swingarm.
General Chatter / Re: Gday, New owner and a YR2
« Last post by boredinballard on Today at 09:23:48 AM »
Hey mate, just a quick question on the timing. I've a Clymer manual that recommends 2.1mm btdc, but you recommend 1.8-2.0mm btdc. Is the Clymer wrong as usual :lol:

I believe the Clymer manual is actually close to correct, I don't recall off the top of my head but the stock spec is somewhere in that area. I know that most run closer to 1.8, and the mechanic that timed mine did 1.7. He used to race 2 strokes back in the day and that is what their spec tended to be.
Turning Wrenches / Re: dyna ignition coils
« Last post by thatguy on Today at 05:28:28 AM »
You can run a 3 ohm coil w/ballast resistor in a points set up.
General Chatter / Re: Rd350 AC caliper flange ?
« Last post by dalvipravin81 on Today at 03:25:32 AM »
Hey ,

Yes I also have gone through these steps but the challenge I had was I was unable to put the screw in the dam olive ... either the scre was soft or the olive metal is hard enough  :( so finally had to drill it out .. thankfully I had a spare caliper to try first before doing it on the working one ...

Also replaced the oil seals and the brake feels better .. only one thing remains is to bleed it from the caliper as I didn't have the small diameter transparent tube to attach to the bleed nozzle ... dont want to ruin the paint on fork bottoms or RIM :( will do that in cpl days !!

Pravin
 I normally stay the same range like yours more in that 4k to 6K band .. here in Mumbai 25C is a winter MAX and summer it goes to 37C :(.. I miss the snow in Mumbai :(

Will Hotter plugs like B6HS or so help burning the old residue faster ?

Cheers
Pravin
General Chatter / Re: MZB - Without battery - Which ones to ground ?
« Last post by dvsrd on Today at 02:29:47 AM »
I run 3% pre-mix in my RD350A. Stock pipes, but YZ125 reeds, 6 mm reed spacers, Y-boot and big K&N, and Powerdynamo CDI. I just use a fairly cheap synthetic from an auto supply Chain, most likely something they have re-branded. I am sure the Gulf oil you use is at least as good.
Obviously, it all depends on how you ride, and mayne on temperatures a well. I mostly stay between 4000 and 6500 rpm, in temps between 5 C and 25C. Where I live 25C is a scorcher :) Today is around 0C outside, and 60 cm of snow (2 ft)
Thanks dvsrd  LOL

Ok to add to this I am using 93 OR  97 Octane fuel which is called as SPEED93 or SPEED97  in India
And I use Gulf 2T Oil .. the green pouch attached is the pic ... Synthetic 2T Oil

Setup as of now ,

.75 TOP END
MZB Ignition without battery 2MM BTDC
30 Pilot 180 Mains  .. needle second from TOP -- leaner than middle position
UNI PODS
DG Chambers

Cheers
Pravin
Turning Wrenches / Re: What master cylinder for dual calipers?
« Last post by dvsrd on Today at 02:18:47 AM »
I would a think more like 20mm.  13 works very well with the stock caliper with much more feel.  I don't think 17 is enough.
I disagree. Do the math. If you want to maintain the same ratio as single caliper/13 mm master it will be like this:
(No need to work out actual piston areas, just use master diameter squared)

13 squared is 169
Multiply by two, that gives 338
Square root of 338 is 18.4.

Now, 18.4 is based on 13 mm being the optimal for a single RD caliper, which I am not too convinced about.
Also, in many cases, the master/caliper ratio is not neccessarily the same when comparing single vs. dual setups using the same calipers. Theoretically, a dual disc setup with identical ratio would require the same squeeze at the lever as a single setup, leaving thermal capability as its only real advantage. (i.e racing With lots of braking)  In fact, if you should want to double the brake force while keeping the same squeeze, you should keep the same master....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10