BOTM

* Sponsors

Author Topic: WINNER! December, 2012 2StrokeWorld Bike of the Month!  (Read 1748 times)

Offline jinglebuddy

• 2-Stroke Tuner
WINNER! December, 2012 2StrokeWorld Bike of the Month!
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
1978 RD400
owner: SmokinNJokin

Congratulations to SmokinNJokin, the winner of December 2012 2StrokeWorld Bike of the Month!

This machine went through so many transformations over years, through ups and downs.  If you haven't yet, you really have to check out his build thread (http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6716.0), it's really a great read.  It's really great to see the level of commitment to perfection, to his vision.  And the result is absolutely stunning.  All the mods done and undone and redone over the years show a kind of attention to detail that only who's so intimate with the machine could master.  There's a lot of respect for the machine by the owner/builder, and so we have a lot of respect for this man!! 

He will receive prizes from Economy Cycle: a discount code to use for any single purchase of anything except vehicles. Additionally, when he places any order with the discount code, Economy Cycle will also include his choice of a free carb cleaner kit by K&L or a Motion Pro ignition system tester!  John is a good friend to 2-strokers and our bikes, and Economy Cycle is a Parts Unlimited dealer and also carries helmets, apparel and accessories.  Thanks for being here for us John!

What a beauty!

Offline HerrDeacon

• IM SOLVING MYSTERIES
  • www.MB5Web.com
    • MB5 Web
Re: WINNER! December, 2012 2StrokeWorld Bike of the Month!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »
Congrats SmokinNJokin, beautiful bike.

Offline SmokinNJokin

• 2-Stroke Tuner
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your help over the years, every little bit of modification on this bike was done with the 2SW support network! Thanks also to John, who has been my go-to guy from the beginning for a good deal of the parts on this thing; Nick (Vintage Smoke) and Doug (MotoCarrera)!
-Andrew

'78 RD400 - (fzr front end conversion w/dual disc, scr 2.5 motor, specII f1's, PWK 30's, RZ reeds/cages, banshee X-over, MZB, Hyd clutch conversion, detabbed frame, MC ducktail, Vintage Smoke rearsets)
'79 Daytona (Bone stock, resto in progress!)
'99 Honda VFR - (Red, stock and comfy!)

Offline YourFriend

• No cake for me
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
:thumbsup: A Big congratulations to you buddy. You deserved it... Watching this bike transform into what it is today fills me with hope and inspiration for my humble 78 RD 400. :woop:
 Andrew is much to humble to say just how awesome this bike truly is. I can't think of a more deserving guy. The attention to detail, hard work and countless hours he put into this bike could be easily overlooked. In addition to building his own killer RD 400 he has helped me a bunch with my bike and is a fantastic resource for all things 2-stroke. This bike is/was a blast to ride and gives you a grin that couldn't be removed with a jack-hammer.
So glad to see this thing win BOTM!  :bowdown:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:05:31 AM by YourFriend »

Offline JA-Moo

• Addict
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
Verty nice, well deserved!  :thumbsup:
Just because you almost won once at Operation, doesn't qualify you to do actual surgery..........

Offline DakotaGurl

• 2-Stroke Tuner
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »
Andrew,

Congrats on BOTM, when I first joined 2SW last year I quickly made your build thread one of my favs, great work and thanks for helping out all the other 2SW members with great posts.

Heather :cheers:

Offline SmokinNJokin

• 2-Stroke Tuner
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
Thanks again everyone, guess i need to get this thing out and scrub all the road grime off for a photo shoot!
-Andrew

'78 RD400 - (fzr front end conversion w/dual disc, scr 2.5 motor, specII f1's, PWK 30's, RZ reeds/cages, banshee X-over, MZB, Hyd clutch conversion, detabbed frame, MC ducktail, Vintage Smoke rearsets)

Offline drtbkr

• 2-Stroke Tuner
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:31 PM »
Congrats! Very nice bike. Very clean and down to business looking!

Drtbkr
Lawrence, Kansas

IT400 TY250 RD350

Put me with the smokers please, Thanks.

Offline daniel4616

• No cake for me
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »
Holy cow, amazing bike. Did you make that seat yourself? Thats the style I might try and make! Well done sir!
1977 RD400: MZB - DG Pipes - K&N Y Boot - Pilot 35 - Main 250

Offline SmokinNJokin

• 2-Stroke Tuner
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »
Thanks for the compliments! I did make the seat, i have details on the process in pages 3 and 4 of my build thread:
http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6716.30
-Andrew