So thinking there was no way I could pull off a sectioned header pipe I had to stamp the piece ( I am a pretty good machinist, but a poor fabricator:)). I made a mold for what I needed. I made it longer then I needed with a smaller small end and larger large end thinking I could use whatever section of the curve for different size pipes. My father has decided to run the 175 class with an IT powered RD350. It needs pipes as well.
Now having never done a sheetmetal die this size I was in new territory. I wasn't sure if the metal would bunch or tear or if the old press had the balls to to form it.
It all worked much better than anticipated.
Now I need some cones and tubing to finish this off. My slip roller I think has too big of rollers. Also need to do the couplings.
My next cylinder will have a different exhaust outlet so all this work may only be for a couple of pipes and I will have to make a new one later but I learned a lot, and that is always good.
I also got crank parts back from the heat treater. That will be my Saturday project to finish them. should have the rods any day.
I also knocked out some rear sets for my fathers bike. I needed some for an XS650 I am doing and my boss needed a set for his Norton. I ended up making five sets. Need to do the mounts tomorrow night.