BOTM

* Sponsors

Author Topic: Starting or buying a Yamaha franchise  (Read 2244 times)

Offline PeteF

• Underwater Basket Weaver
Starting or buying a Yamaha franchise
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:44:15 AM »
I may be interested in establishing or buying an already up and running Yamaha franchise.  Can anybody offer any advice?  This would be in southeast Pennsylvania.
2003 KTM 250EXC woods weapon
1972 R5C
1975 RD350B

Offline poppaweely

• Administrator
  • Dr. 2-Stroke, M.D.
  • Live as much as you can, today.
Re: Starting or buying a Yamaha franchise
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »
just go for it

and then give me the number there
2- RD400D
GT380K
B105

Offline PeteF

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
You got it.
1972 R5C
1975 RD350B

KINGS SCREAMER

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »
hey did you buy into a franchise? ive got 30 years exp. on the big four rice bikes.
sales ,service is what makes a dealership i could move the fuck out of this ghetto in a heart beat & help you get the place up & running quick. if your serious & have the dough to do this please consider what i have to offer.
ive been a foreman in the service dept. & know how to see through all the dead woods bullshit in another HEART BEAT. consult FORCE  as he,s a yamaha shop owner i think & not bad for a limey as ive worked for a limey even though im full blooded IRISH without the alky problem :jerkbag:
  ive got no real baggage besides the sicness that comes with the love of the  two stroker over screaming diesels.
 so buy into the bike biz & hire me ,i will not let you down.even with the economy going to shit the bike biz booms as people need 50 mpg bikes with gas prices the way they are,i can tune for mpg or max hp on new tech bikes & dont mind teaching newbees the old tricks of the trade ;) i actualy like to leave something rather than the" takers" mentality thats got this world FUCKED UP.

KINGS SCREAMER

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »
if you want to see how not to run a shop its pretty cut & dry .
never promise products that have a slim to no chance of ever being delivered,kinda like 80 HP ,ZERO PIPES that are nothing more than copies of my RSC brand chambers that have a HUGE dent to clear a sidestand ,talk about a waste of a tuned pipe for stockers :lol:  
you want to see real pipes & HOW things should be done just look @ MICK ABBEYS chambers,they are what it takes to make BIG TORQUE & H.P. #,S. HARRY BARLOWS another great engine pipe designer,just that these guys have customers for life & they cant produce enough parts & pieces for the WHOLE WORLD,kinda my situation being a one man show.only i outsource to the likes of these guys in our country to get jobs in & out in a few weeks not months or even years awaiting for these west coast shops that just dont come through without the customer bitching & moaning "WHERES MY SHIT" !

for another  instance  stu @ toomey racings saying over 5 years ago to me " send me a credit card# to get in line for our new RZ PIPES that are in pre-production right now" both are full of shit & have nothing but hype behind them.   they sure will hold your credit card # & never deliver on thier claims.
 ive got 10 grand into my 80 H.P. ENGINES ,i pay full price like the common man & if you buy a dealership you can put my bikes in your showroom to help sell a vintage money pit that will kick ASS to all the old dudes who want the bikes they had when they were young & dumb.
ive got a few customers who spend thousands without a blink of an eye  on everything from v max,s down to RD,S. I deliver on time & within 10 % of the estimated  price i give then upon hearing their wants & needs.

Offline PeteF

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »
No, just in the fantacizing stages right now.  I have a small nestegg to invest but I am afraid I would get laughed at by factory reps when they tell me the capital requirements they will require.  I have some friends interested but none of us are recent lottery winners unfortunately.  
It's funny, last week I was reviewing some inventory financing documentation for a client who is a forklift dealer, and it's ridiculous how one-sided (i.e. lender-friendly) they are; I was thinking "man, I'm going to be getting screwed like this eventually" if this thing works out.  But that is the nature of financing.
Where are you located Kings Screamer?
1972 R5C
1975 RD350B

KINGS SCREAMER

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »
yeah it takes alot to get a shop going & buying out an established franchise & all its inventory is a HUGE investment but if you get some solid investors money & have the mentality that "its not what you ride but that you do ride" youll find everyday is a fun day when heading off to the job. i wish i had the dough & enough backers to make it happen for me ,i just never could get my shit together with living week to week on a mechanics wage . pulling 70  hours a week of flat rate in a 40 hour work week just doesnt cut the mustard for ownership.
 i am in south florida & my name is ROBERT . i live just minutes from ft.lauderdales airport,its been a great 20 someodd years since leaving the snow behind but the wet foot dry foot policy they have has ruined things as all the evil doers from CUBA have made south florida a police state .its getting risky like the days of the cociane cowboys that ran south florida,s economic boom in the late seventies ,early eighties.come nightfall the streets are running wild as the cops have lost complete control because these third worlders take whatever they can get thier hands on & have no problems with shooting cops let alone civilians.a half dozen cops have been killed since the newyear & miami has just become the road rage capitol of america sadly enough.
 thieves had tried to steal my bike just this past SATURDAY night  :bang:   im ready to head back up north as soon as the real estate market makes its comeback.
ive been following the PA possey  with updates from my brother who,s all about open wheel racing as the country now knows theres some real racers in your state who take the winners purse alot up in the northeast,do you follow any racing let alone heard of the PA. POSSEY?

Offline PeteF

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 09:03:43 AM »
You mean sprint cars and such?  I don't follow it, although the owner of a NAPA store where I used to work up outside Allentown owns a sprint car.  His name is Barry Hamm, don't remember his driver's name, I think at one point his driver was a guy named Brian Seidel.  The number 19 rings a bell.  Those of us non-family members working there used to love getting paid the absolute minimum in order to fund their racing operation. :mad:
1972 R5C
1975 RD350B

KINGS SCREAMER

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 03:02:05 PM »
PETE thats a HUGE factor in who gets to go racing every weekend ,being in the biz that is.
yep your on piont with your states possey,open wheelers like whats known as "modifieds" are the same h.p. of nascars circle jerks but half the weight of a cup car.
kinda like my next BIG thing for the RZ 350 thats about 440 c.c,s & less than 300 lbs , my latest engine will be pumping out 110 H.P. it should be a RZ 500 & GAMMA SLAYER with this power to weight ratio :cool:
MY 31K cylinder bike spanks NSR 400,S & I didnt have trinty parts like im going with on this y2k bike.
 i just watched the latest superbike on SPEED ,do you follow any of this action?
Daytonas pro motorcycle  action starts on THURSDAY :woop:
anyhow if you ever find investors & need a general manager to get you in the black & out of the red & someone who doesnt mind getting his hands dirty give me a shout. take care ;)

Offline m in sc

• Global Moderator
  • TASTE THE POSTING RAINBOW
  • Donut warrior
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
[quote:3lqtaowz]never promise products that have a slim to no chance of ever being delivered,kinda like 80 HP ,ZERO PIPES that are nothing more than copies of my RSC brand chambers that have a HUGE dent to clear a sidestand ,talk about a waste of a tuned pipe for stockers  
you want to see real pipes & HOW things should be done just look @ MICK ABBEYS chambers,they are what it takes to make BIG TORQUE & H.P. #,S. HARRY BARLOWS another great engine pipe designer,just that these guys have customers for life & they cant produce enough parts & pieces for the WHOLE WORLD,kinda my situation being a one man show.only i outsource to the likes of these guys in our country to get jobs in & out in a few weeks not months or even years awaiting for these west coast shops that just dont come through without the customer bitching & moaning "WHERES MY SHIT" !
[/quote]

amen brother.
get off my lawn.

Rock Hill, SC

KINGS SCREAMER

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »
THANKS for thinking likewise MARK,by chance do you have a need for a decient wrench like myself?
im always panhandling my skills to fit in where i can get in it seems.ive got no wife & kids to feed , no child support :bowdown: realy nothing keeping me here other than awaiting this houseing market to make a comeback .
 im wanting to move to the CAROLINA,S for a couple of years, i was gonna try to get in @ NASCAR LAND but with urban sprawl taking the charlotte area homes into the quarter million dollar range for a starter small home im not heading there unless the likes of  JOE GIBBS gives me a job.i dunno if im a team player on such a large scale that nascar has become :umm:
although ive worked in dealerships with 2 dozen techs spinning wrenches ,im done with flat rate & all the backstabbing that goes with large scale outfits .
 im leaving south florida because im @ a place now that goes for $300,00 .the monthly payments & yearly taxes & home insurance requires a 6 figure salary that just isnt feasable for what FLORIDA has to offer me.not to say id expect 6 figures ,but i could build bikes & cars that go for nearly that. i need nothing more than a living wage wherever i roll my toolbox.
 next year by hook or by crook me & dear old moms are outa here seeing as she,s put her 20 years in & dads long since been dead is why i live with her.she is gonna be going into retirement , maybe someone could help me get outa here .ive got to work till i die & ive come a accept that ,i just need to be left to do my thing without having to look over my shoulder all the time like i get at dealerships. im most def staying on the east coast & the more southern the better as theres nothing in the north east for me anymore.im still very much a get it done & stop bitching northerner @ heart its just the south has taught me to relax & smell the roses rather than the constant rat race thats called the northeast.
IM GLAD to see you think like a decient HUMAN BEING MARK,thats far & few nowadays from my perspective.